* Formed in 1968.
* In February 1969 participating breeders contributed 1% of their breeding flocks to the (then) central flock run by Rex Alexander of Waiuku.
* In that year that original mixed age flock lambed 154%.
* The following year 52% of that flock was lost with facial eczema.
* In 1979 the first field trials for F.E. testing were set up in South Auckland.
* In 1984 the first sporidesmin testing of rams for F.E. was set-up.
* In 1993 the central flock was disbanded and sire referencing across flocks by Ag Research was begun.
* In 2000 parasite testing was begun in conjunction with the Wairarapa Romney Improvement Group and Ag Research.
* In 2010 Molecular Breeding Values (DNA) are being added to historical breeding values to give greater accuracy to selection.